US Motors’ Shur-Stop Brake Kits use Stearns brakes and US Motors’ proprietary adapter bracket and hub assemblies to fit the motor types shown below:
|FRAME||RATING (FT-LB)||VOLTAGE AT 60HZ||CAT NUMBER||NOTES|
- All 230/460v (60Hz) brakes are nameplated and designed for use on 190/380 Vac, 50Hz rated at ft-lb per above.
- All 125/250v (60Hz) brakes are suitable for 160/220 Vac, 50Hz at ft-lb per above.
- Acceptable mounting positions are noted below.
(From horizontal motor and brake solenoid position to – Degrees from Vertical)
1.5, 3, 6 foot pounds good for 0, 60, 120, 180, 240, 300 degrees
10, 15 foot pounds good for 0, 60, 120, 180, 240, 300 degrees
25, 35 foot pounds good for 0, 60, 300 degrees
- Motor and Brake Vertical Rules
1.5, 3, 6 foot pounds – Brake High = OK, Brake Low = OK
10, 15 foot pounds – Brake High = OK, Brake Low = OK
25, 35 foot pounds – Brake High = NOT OK (additional kit needed), Brake Low = OK
- These kits are only rated at 1 start/stop per minute when used in conjunction with a Motor and Reducer.
- When shorter cycles of Start/Stop are required please call us and let us help you figure out what will better suit your needs. We may offer a Leroy Somer Brake Motor that can offer more cycles to suit you.
- If using Inverter on the motor to above 1750rpm at 60Hz be aware that your typical wear items will wear faster due to higher friction and physical stopping force.
- The lower the RPM of the motor, the more Foot Pounds of stopping power you need.